Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lemon Butter Salmon


I saw a picture of this recipe while scanning through Pinterest a while back and decided to add it to my list of recipes to try.  It's as simple and summery as it sounds.  Delicious salmon infused with subtle hints of lemon and butter.  And thanks to the foil packets, clean up was a breeze.

2, 4-6 oz salmon fillets (Personally, I like to remove the skin prior to cooking, but K loves the skin so we leave it)
1-2 tbsp butter
1 lemon, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
s+p
foil 

Place lemon slices on top of salmon fillets and top with small slice of butter.  Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  Fold your foil packet and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Here's a shot of the salmon before I folded up the foil into a packet for baking.

I think I like this preparation for salmon because it lets salmon be salmon with just an ever so slight touch of seasoning provided by the lemon and the butter.  A light and refreshing meal perfect for our hot San Antonio summer.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment