Saturday, March 10, 2012

Green Smoothie

Recipes for green smoothies seem to be all over Pinterest and food blogs right now. In anticipation of St. Patty's Day, I decided to try my hand. After a few false starts, I think I have finally come up with a truly delicious green smoothie. I know, that sounds like an oxymoron, right? But, it really is good. I promise! K doesn't believe me - he won't even taste a little.

Ingredients

2 big handfuls of spinach (I buy the pre-washed bags of baby spinach)
1 banana
1-1.5 cups of frozen mango pieces
1-2 cups of almond milk (I buy the unsweetened vanilla flavor)
1 tsp(ish) agave nectar (this really helps to cut the spinach flavor, you could also use honey)



Directions

Put it all in the blender and blend it up!

Yum! Ready to enjoy!

There seem to be endless variations to this recipe for green goodness. I make mine this way because it tastes good and I like knowing I'm getting a few more green things in my diet. I hope this yummy green concoction brings you the luck of the Irish!

*I got my inspiration for the "green monster" here.

No comments:

Post a Comment