Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lucy, We Have a Problem

Lucy has a new favorite hangout.  Our bed.  And she has become very aggressive about claiming her spot.  See how she tries to look cute so that we'll let her jump up?


It works every time.  We never let Lucy spend the whole night in bed with us, but pre-bedtime and morning cuddle time have become a pretty big part of her routine.  Plus, this body on the bed, feet on the ground pose is one of her favorites and since she's not technically, all the way on the bed, we let it slide.

The other new addition to her routine?  Bi-weekly trips to doggy daycare.  I know, I'm a little embarrassed to put this out there, but we take our dog to daycare.  But, remember this?  She had been doing so well, but after about a week of 12 hour work days for me and K, Lucy decided to expand her original hole in the wall and add a few others around the room to spice things up a bit.  I think she was trying to tell us something.  Anyway, we decided doggy daycare was a great alternative to leaving Lucy home to eat holes in our wall all day.  The result has been great.  So great that we actually had both holes patched.  Plus, the world of the dog-obssessed puppy-parent is kind of fun :)  When I pick Lucy up after a full day of daycare, I get "reports" on her day, like "Lucy had a great time playing with Spot today.  They were together the whole day."  One time they even offered to put me in touch with Lucy's friend's "parents" so they could play outside of daycare.  And, they generally tell me how sweet and well-behaved she is, which is a boost, because our little crackhead, while always sweet, is rarely well-behaved.  Also, if I were so inclined, I could log on to the website and watch the live streaming video of the playground.  You know, just to be sure Lucy was safe and having fun.  For the moment I am resisting the urge to become a helicopter puppy parent, but who knows what the future holds?

So, I guess you could say we have a Lucy problem.  She kind of runs the show around here, and for the time being, we're kind of ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment